This is the first time I am actually writing my resolutions down and putting them out in the world, and I hope that it will help me keep them! Feel free to comment some of your own resolutions and we can help keep each other accountable!
In 2019 I finally plucked up the courage to create an bookstagram and blog. In 2020 I want to focus on being more consistent on these platforms and creating better content. A lot of my resolutions are about this, but I also want to focus on myself more this year. My mental and physical health aren’t where I want them to be and I would love to focus on being happier overall.
- Go to church. I haven’t ever regularly gone to church, but I did go to a Christian school for elementary school through high school. I feel like I have lost that connection with God and would love to get that back.
- Go to therapy. It is so frightening to go to therapy but I believe I will benefit from it. I have mainly been putting it off because I know that it is going to cost a lot of money, but this year I am going to focus on me because being in a good place mentally is priceless.
- Along the same lines as the last resolution, I would like to get massages done once a month. Now this is going to be pricey. However, I have a desk job and hold a lot of stress in my shoulders. I usually get around 2 massages a year and after each massage I notice headaches abating and my overall physical health improving.
- Improve my heath. Mainly, stop eating sweets and start working out. This is kind of vague and so I am going to say that I want to lose 15 lbs, just to make it more concrete. However, if I feel really healthy at the end of the year and I don’t weigh any less, then that is completely fine with me.
- Learn Japanese. I took a couple years of it in high school and college but it has been a while since then. I want to get back into studying it because I am hoping to go there within the next couple years!
- Read 36 books. Last year my goal was 24 and I ended up reading more than that, so I have decided to increase my goal this year.
- Read the Harry Potter illustrated edition books.
- Complete one or more of these series: Throne of Glass, Warriors, or all of Cassandra Clare’s books in the Shadowhunter world (Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, etc).
- Write a review for every book I read.
- Get to 1000 followers on Instagram. I know this isn’t a huge goal – I am at 600 right now – but numbers aren’t the most important thing to me. I don’t want to make my goal too large so it doesn’t become too important to me.
- Include more pictures on Instagram besides book photos. Include more hobbies! Skin care, fitness, crafting, etc. Don’t feel stuck in the book box!
- Post on the blog at least once a week.
- Create new content for the blog besides book reviews. (This post is even part of that!)
- Pluck up the courage and create a Youtube! You can do it ❤